Our Acceptance Policy to Our Clients is Our Guarantee of Service to You
Paws for Purple Hearts is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants regardless of ethnicity/race, color, sex, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, gender, national origin, medical conditions, status as a Veteran, or political or organizational affiliation.
Paws for Purple Heats places dogs with the following client population:
- Service dogs are placed with adults with mobility limitations who can competently handle the dog and maintain its well being (with limited attendant or familial support).
- Clients who are returning for a successor dog will have priority over newer clients.
- Service dogs are placed with active-duty Service Members and Veterans with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) who can competently handle the dog and maintain its well-being.
- Facility dogs are placed with teachers, nurses, facility managers or others who work in care facilities. Animal Assisted Therapy dogs are placed with counselors, psychologists, psychiatrists and teaching specialists who wish to integrate a dog into their clients’ treatment plans.
- Social/therapy dogs are placed with volunteers who agree to take the dog into schools, libraries, nursing homes and other care facilities to share the love of their dog.